Enter the world of multimedia.
This course sees concepts, creations and designs realised in full interactivity through both theoretical training and practical application in a world that is digitally led.
Interactive design and its related fields are in massive demand internationally, as creatives who understand both the programming of websites, as well as how to make them look beautiful, are worth their weight in gold. This vital course incorporates the nitty-gritty of coding and elements of back-end development, along with interactive narratives and front-end web design.During this applied programme, you will not only engage with a curriculum centered around web publishing but also explore various multimedia skills encompassing video production, 2D animation, visual effects and post-production techniques – including creating music channel countdowns (think Top10 R&B songs on MTV Base) and TV intro sequences. Your time will be spent learning tricks, tools and procedures to complete projects that require conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
So, if you’re passionate about building websites and multimedia content that functions seamlessly and looks incredible, this is the course for you!
Note: Upon completion of this course you will be awarded the Higher Certificate in Web Publishing and Interactive Media, NQF-level 5 (SAQA ID 88182, HEQSF-aligned, H/PR432/E003CAN, 152 Credits).
What will I learn?
The year is packed with theoretical and practical training that includes:
- Pre-production, production, post-production (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Camera language, blocking, story boarding, camera work
- Sound for Video
- Sound Design Conceptual
- Working with a Sound Designer
- Headphone Project, implementation and presentation
- Animation, Compositing & VFX Introduction (Adobe After Effects)
This module introduces and develops student knowledge of digital video and compositing applications within a work-flow of digital image design, motion graphics and information design processes. Learners are taught the simple technical requirements around outputting visual content for mobile devices.
- Characteristics of screen based media
- Screen Design Theory, Design Categories and Benchmarks
- Interaction Theory
- Information Architecture
- Applied Design Techniques for the web, design and practical
- Basic to intermediate HTML4 and CSS2 (Cascading Style Sheets)
- The Aim is to create their own standards complaint and accessible website
- Basic to intermediate HTML 5 and CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Animation & Programming Responsive Design
- Introduction to Social Platforms & using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- PHP Introduction
- Setting up a WordPress Template
- Introduction to eCommerce using WordPress
The Digital Portfolio module focuses on the collation and compilation of the year’s work via the integration of selected technologies.