After the great success of the first Game Industry Day in December 2014, we will be hosting the next event on August the 15th 2015. The Game Industry Day is a chance to learn about and participate in the growing digital entertainment industry that is by now rated the third most important future market worldwide. The opportunities provided by Game Technology when it comes to expanding your business, creating jobs, improving the services you can offer to your clients and doing things differently are endless.
The event’s goals are:
- Getting those who are interested in using game technology in contact with those who can provide it
- Advertise the great Cape Town based development teams and their projects to the public
- Show new trends and technologies using Game Technology and how they can be applied
- Raise the awareness for this important industry and its importance for creating new jobs, income and buisness opportunities in South Africa
- Create the infrastructure for successful projects, new companies and joint ventures
- Provide a platform for new talents starting their careers
The Game Industry Day will feature
- Industry speakers talking about different topics related to the South African game industry
- Cape Town based game developers exhibiting their projects, new technologies to try out
- New talents in Game Development showing their projects and looking for internships and/or job opportunities
- The opportunitiy to share knowledge, experience and contact details.
Updates on speakers, schedule and exhibitors will follow.
- When? 15th of August, from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm
- Where? Friends of Design – Academy of Digital Arts
- How much? Free