The first part of our Blender series, level one is for newcomers to 3D modelling. The course starts from the very basics introducing you to the user interface and then how to create and arrange simple objects in a scene. From there, the main focus of the course is on 3D modelling. You’ll learn how to build progressively more complex models and the tools to do this along the way.
The course also focuses on basic texturing, how to set up lights and cameras and how to render stills. By the end of this course, you should feel comfortable creating and texturing your own models as well as be able to set up basic scenes which you can render.
This course is for anyone looking to learn 3D modelling on its own or anyone looking to use 3D tools for use in other fields such as game design and concept art.
Join our Blender Essentials 2 course, to complete your Blender learning experience and take what you learned in this course to the next level.
What will I learn?
This online course is packed with theoretical and practical training that includes:
- The Blender Interface
- What is Virtual Space
- How 3D objects work
- What are wireframes and polygons?
- Working with vertices, edges and faces
- Working with geometric primitives
- Editing 3D objects and creating shapes
- Extrusion, beveling and other ways to manipulate objects
- Creating materials to make your objects look realistic
- Using bitmaps in your materials
- Unwrapping 3D objects for texturing
- Setting up virtual light sources
- Setting up a scene with virtual cameras
- Rendering a scene into an image