The second part of our Blender series, level two builds on the fundamentals learnt in the first course and deals with complex tasks like sculpting high resolution models, retopologizing them for use in games and baking normal maps. The course also looks at different methods to texture your models such as manual unwrapping and texture paint mode. Once that is done, the course looks at animation fundamentals and then how to rig characters for animation.
This course is for anyone pursuing a career in game design looking to create high quality models for use in a game engine as well as any 3D enthusiasts.
Join our Blender Essentials 1 course, to gain the required skills to step right into this course.
What will I learn?
This online course is packed with theoretical and practical training that includes:
- Creating a base shape
- Working with different sculpt brushes
- Creating a high detail model
- Using Dynamic Topology for adaptive modelling
- Creating a low polygon model based on a high polygon object
- Baking the high polygon detail into a low polygon for quicker rendering
- Unwrapping the low polygon model
- Animation basics in Blender
- Using a bone system to rig a 3D model for animation
- Animating a complex object using a rig
- Using Blender’s Pose mode
- Using Blender’s Texturing Tool
- Drawing directly on 3D objects
- Using different texturing brushes