Adobe Illustrator is a powerful, versatile tool for creating illustrations for print & web
Adobe Illustrator is a multi-purpose application for creating artwork suitable for both screen and print graphics. It is a primarily vector based program which will allow you to create detailed and scalable art for almost any use.
In graphic design, Illustrator is used to create anything from logos and business cards, to advertisements and posters. In a fashion design setting, Illustrator has become quite popular in the creation of technical drawings and renders, due to its specialised brushes and patterns. Whatever your intention, this course covers not only the Illustrator essentials, but explores a host of features that sets Illustrator apart from other vector graphic packages.
Students should have working knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Basic Computer Skills for PC/Mac.
By the end of the course students will have useable knowledge of the following:
- Navigating the Illustrator work environment
- Creation and management of documents and artboards
- Working with colour, gradients and patterns
- Creation & manipulation of vector objects
- Working with strokes and brushes
- Managing & importing artwork
- Advanced object creation and manipulation
- Creation of text within a graphic enviroment
- Management and application of effects & styles
- Setting up of vector art in perspective
- Export pdfs for printing purposes
Pricing also available for customised, on-site and group training.