Learn to create responsive, device agnostic websites with the latest HTML & CSS techniques
Welcome to the world wide web! The internet has become ubiquitous in our daily lives, transcending desktops and extending connectivity to smartphones, tablets, cars, household appliances and other electronics. Accordingly, conventional web design no longer meets the requirements of an increasingly connected society that have demands for responsive flexibility and a great user experience.
In this 5 week course, learners will learn the principles and practice of becoming a modern web developer by taking a deviceagnostic approach to web design in order to compete across multiple platforms (i.e. desktops, smartphones, tablets and phablets).
Starting from the very basics, learners will be introduced to the latest versions of HTML and CSS the two core frontend languages of the web in order to effectively structure information and bring their own visual web designs to life.
Students should have working knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Basic Computer Skills for PC/Mac.
- Good to have: UX/UI Course or similar experience.
By the end of the course students will have usable knowledge of the following:
- Understand the underlying technologies and concepts behind frontend web development.
- Understand the ideas behind responsive web design and device agnostic design.
- Understand and code HTML in conjunction with CSS.
- Correctly use HTML5 semantic tags and extended functionality.
- Be able to build a custom CSS grid framework.
- Be able to implement advanced CSS techniques (CSS3) such as animations and transitions.
- Be equipped to code a custom HTML/CSS responsive web page design for personal or professional use, using clean and semantically correct code.
- Gain a basic understanding of scripting and thirdparty extensions.
- Understand web page frameworks such as Twitter Bootsrap.
- Have an understanding of hosting and maintaining a website.
Pricing also available for customised, on-site and group training.