Learn to build compelling, functional & beautiful websites
Our web evening courses offers a comprehensive practical lesson plan aimed at cultivating all the necessary skills needed from concept to a fully functional user experience. Learn how to plan and design usable web page interfaces using the hottest trends in User Experience (UX) Design as it extends over multiple devices, and code them using the latest technologies and techniques for the mobile and user-centered world of today. Please note that all courses may be taken separately provided that each recommended skills requirement is met.
Students should have working knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Basic Computer Skills for PC/Mac.
By the end of the course students will have usable knowledge of the following:
- Internet Basics, Browsers
- HTML & XHTML Handcoding
- CSS (Cascading Stylesheets) Essentials
- Native Audio & Video in HTML
- Implementing the latest CSS3 techniques in websites
- Flexible grids, Flexible images and Media queries
- Open source software
- PHP & adding dynamic content
Pricing also available for customised, on-site and group training.
Duration: 4 Months
UX & UI Design
- 28 August – 20 September 2017
- 29 May – 05 July 2017
- 11 September – 18 October 2017
- 10 July – 09 August
- 23 October – 22 November
Content Management Systems
- 14 August – 13 September 2017
17h30 – 20h30 Mon, Tues & Wed*
* Any class falling on a public holiday will be carried over to be held the next available Thursday evening (to be arranged between the lecturer and class).
Web Design: UX & UI Design
- An introduction to Adobe Photoshop
- Web design basics
- An introduction to UX and UI design
- Project management and planning
- Contextual research
- Concept design (wireframes, scenarios, personas)
- The Psychology around UI/UX
- Prototype design and development
- User testing
Web Authoring: HTML5/CSS3/RWD
- Introduction to HTML language & syntax
- Semantic markup and HTML5 semantic tags
- Extending functionality with HTML5
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets
- Building a web page layout
- Advanced CSS techniques (CSS3+)
- CSS animations and transitions
- Responsive web page design (RWD)
- Mobile-first web design
- Using basic JS to enhance web pages;
- Creating slideshows and galleries
- Web design frameworks
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Hosting and site management
- Introduction to client-side scripting
- The developer environment
- Programming fundamentals
- Creating and manipulating HTML content
- Adding interactivity to an HTML page
- Form field validation
- Dynamic content and multimedia
- jQuery effects and animations
- jQuery Ajax
Content Management Systems: WordPress Theme Design
- Introduction to server-side scripting (PHP)
- Database-driven web design
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Setting up a testing server
- Introduction to WordPress as a CMS
- Understanding the WordPress templating structure
- Creating a custom WordPress theme
What is the difference between your Part Time and your Full Time courses?
The Part Time courses are Modular Based, and run for 4-5 weeks each, with one project per module. The Full Time courses are made up of various modules that run for 3 – 8 weeks each with more than one project per module.
How do I know which one to choose?
The Full Time courses are geared towards students who wish to commit to a much longer and more involved course, with an aim to get a Higher Certificate and a Portfolio. The Part Time courses are excellent for those who wish to add new skills to their existing skills, i.e. a Print Designer who wants to learn Web Design skills. The Part Time courses are also often chosen by those who wish to prepare to do longer courses, or individuals whose companies need them to learn skills to apply within the workplace immediately.
Are there any discounts offered?
Yes! If you book all 3 courses offered on the Print Design Courses (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), you get a fantastic discount on the modules, booked consecutively.
When do the courses run?
They run in the evenings, Mondays, Tuesday & Wednesdays from 17h30 – 20h30.
Does the module run more than once in the year?
Yes, each module runs every 3 months.
What do we need to bring to the course?
Just yourself, a notebook and pen. We provide the machines and the software. You will also receive a 2GB Flashstick, which you can keep after the completion of the course.
Is there safe access & parking available?
Yes, you receive an electronic access tag upon enrolment & parking can be found in Bree Street.
Who are your trainers?
All trainers are freelancers in their industries, so bring this unbeatable experience into the classroom straight from the workplace. They are passionate about what they do and always ready to help.
Are there any projects and / or tests?
Yes, each module has a project that is worked on continuously to test your skills. No formal tests or exams are held.
What do we receive at the end of the course?
You will receive an attendance certificate showing the Apple & Adobe logo as well as your details and the details of the course you completed.
COST P/P INCL VAT
"Walt has been a fantastic lecturer who has shown a lot of patiences and understanding towards his students."
"The lecturer supported me in the way I think and gave me inputs to improve my Website."
"Great pace and clarity of teaching. "